Welcome to Printing 3d. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2019, 11:59:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Hozza:
21 Apr 2019 14:08:35
Yay :laugh:
Rammylad:
21 Apr 2019 14:03:34
SHOUT
Gary Walker:
21 Apr 2019 13:31:13
Why  :laugh:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2019 10:21:32
can some one post a shout please ?
Gaza07:
19 Apr 2019 22:59:33
Forum should be all setup now let me know if there are any problems  :crossfingers:
Gaza07:
19 Apr 2019 21:22:11
New shout box  :D
Gaza07:
19 Apr 2019 20:49:50
test  ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1607
  • Total Topics: 165
  • Online Today: 6
  • Online Ever: 169
  • (October 30, 2018, 10:03:43 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 4
Total: 4

Theme Changer

What movies and TV shows get your maker juices flowing?

Started by 3DRev, June 23, 2018, 11:21:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

3DRev

Every time I watch Ironman 1 I always end up designing and/or building some gadget or print later that day.
What have you watched that has made you want to stay up all night and have your significant other walk into your workshop the following morning to find you with in last nights clothes, sat hunched over your desk as you look down and marvel at your nights creation?
3D Printing Tips, Tutorials and News on YouTube:
www.youtube.com/c/3DRevolution

[Props-To-You on Multi-Rotor.co.uk]

Bad Raven

Good Question, should get some interesting replies, though sadly mine may not be one!

Being a lifelong modeller & engineer, I tend to build FOR something rather than be inspired to make by film/TV, etc. 

Recent makes (and inspiration) have been:-

1. Various Camera Holders and frame supports and stickj extensions for the school club I run, Eachine E010/011 mostly.

2. Model items for the N gauge Tramway I'm building and for the exhibition standard model I have of Cromford & High Peak (Canal Wharf and Sheep Pasture Incline)which is fifteen years old and like most never ACTUALLY finished!,  including cases, drums, barrels, Canal Boats, etc.

3. Gloster Meteor - ARTF - arrived with  OK pilot but no seat back.  Cockpit looked stupid without the damn great ejector seat at his back, so I made one.

4. Granddaughter is into the Horses and collects Schliech model horses, etc, which are very expensive, so I have made horses, dogs, stable parts, fences, etc, which she paints as she's getting into model art work.

A large scale RC DH Beaver came my way for peanuts, complete apart from the undercarriage was not fitted with the fuselage root flares, so that is the next "build".

All very superficial small stuff, as I don't have the time to spend on print design I'd like.

A long term plan is to build a model of my first car, which was a lowered, wide wheeled, rally headlighted version of a Riley OnePointFive Mk1. I have a decent sized and quality three view bought a few years back off EBay (on a sales brochure no less!!).

HobbyKing Fabrikator II Mini, 100x100x100. (a Malyan printer re-badged) - Modded with magnetic Flex Bed

Original Prusa i3 Mk3 (All Black)

3DRev

Sounds like you've got some interesting projects there!  ~~

For me, the films and TV shows aren't usually the inspiration for what I'm building, but almost act as a catalyst. If for example, I need/want to build a robot for whatever reason, I'll pop on Real Steel on one of my screens whilst I'm getting started and it gets me pumped up for the project :p

3D Printing Tips, Tutorials and News on YouTube:
www.youtube.com/c/3DRevolution

[Props-To-You on Multi-Rotor.co.uk]

Bad Raven

If you think I'm watching "My Little Pony" or "Thomas the Tank" videos first, think again Batman....................   :sleep: :sleep:        ::)

(I keep being told that Horses are very intelligent.....if they are, why do they let humans ride them??)

I get where you are at though.  The nearest other I know like that was a mate's wife, she could not face doing the ironing without Meatloaf's "Bat out of Hell" album playing full bore. We always knew when she'd started and they lived three houses away!!
HobbyKing Fabrikator II Mini, 100x100x100. (a Malyan printer re-badged) - Modded with magnetic Flex Bed

Original Prusa i3 Mk3 (All Black)