Sunday,August 18, 2019, 20:22:02

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Welcome to Printing 3d. Please login or sign up.

Sunday,August 18, 2019, 20:22:02

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
24 Jun 2019 13:02:10
Is discord playing up
Gaza07:
02 Jun 2019 10:29:04
we are back after a bad server crash
ched999uk:
17 May 2019 22:35:04
All OK now, looks like it was TalkTalk DNS servers
Bad Raven:
17 May 2019 18:06:19
Running ok here, try typing the url in stopping at the .uk
Gaza07:
17 May 2019 16:17:12
hmmm it should be fully prepegated now have you cleared your cache ? also make sure the link your using has no extra bits at the end like redirections.
ched999uk:
17 May 2019 15:36:41
mruk still saying 'Changing hosts we will be back soon !!!!'  for me?
Fingers crossed it runs sweet. Cheers
Gaza07:
17 May 2019 12:50:37
It moved yesterday afternoon just need to see how it runs and decide if its gonna stay there, I really dont want to move it again  :rolleyes:
ched999uk:
17 May 2019 11:28:52
Good luck for the mruk move.
Bad Raven:
16 May 2019 18:00:47
Cleared it.
Bad Raven:
16 May 2019 17:59:03
First try always:  Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

2nd try loads OK.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1679
  • Total Topics: 176
  • Online Today: 10
  • Online Ever: 169
  • (Tuesday,October 30, 2018, 10:03:43 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 1
Total: 1

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Geetech A10M

Started by Gaza07, Monday,January 28, 2019, 10:49:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaza07

Monday,January 28, 2019, 10:49:45 Last Edit: Monday,January 28, 2019, 10:51:35 by Gaza07
I ordered a Geetech A10M on saturday from amazon it was delivered sunday  ~~
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07GYBMSH5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It comes in a modular format mostly built so doesn't take long at all to get to the testing phase, There was two models on the card a dog and a lizard so I went for the lizard, It all started out fine but then the tail came unstuck from the bed, so I re-levelled the bed and the second one stuck fine, Heres a few pics Ive taken and a short video of the first prints.

https://youtu.be/hF8DKFK5sts

Custom built delta with Flex3Drive Gen 4 / Duet Electronics 330mm build area
Custom built delta with Flex3Drive Gen 4 / Duet Electronics 180mm build area
AnyCubic 4max XY printer 210x210x300 build area
AnyCubic Kossel Mini 180x180x300 build area
Geetech A10M Dual Colour 220x220x260 build area
Kelant Orbeat D100 DLP/SLA

Multi-Rotor UK  YouTube  Thingiverse  3d-Printworx

shawdreamer

Monday,January 28, 2019, 21:14:42 #1 Last Edit: Monday,January 28, 2019, 22:54:23 by Gaza07
what file format was the dog model in?, the colour mixing looks a little to defined for it to be STL (that is unless its a silly huge file).

OBJ. format?

Geeetech Prusa i3 pro-B (ABS Workhorse)
Pultur Prusa (my own design)
Poltur XL (my own "MUST BE BIGGER" design)
Poltur XL v.2 (my own "MUST BE BIGGER STILL, MUST USE EXTRUSION" design)
https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs

ched999uk

Looks very much like an Ender 3 with different print head and SD card in much better place. Looks cool with colour mixing. I assume you can't use flexi filament with the bowden system?

Gaza07

Yea its based / cloned from the ender 3 not tried any flexi filament I dont have any and dont plan on getting any I dont have a use for it at the moment, and its so expensive  :rolleyes:

Gaza07

Quote from: shawdreamer on Monday,January 28, 2019, 21:14:42
what file format was the dog model in?, the colour mixing looks a little to defined for it to be STL (that is unless its a silly huge file).

OBJ. format?

It was a supplied gcode on the sd card but as far as I know its just a plain stl that was run through a geetech mixing app, the firmware also has a live mixing menu where you alter the rate of mix while its printing not tried that yet though.

http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=61760

Ignore the edit on your post some how I must of clicked modify instead of quote and didnt notice until I posted this in your post sorry about that  :slap:

shawdreamer

wouldnt mind having a look at that mixer app, do you have a link ordid they drop it in on a sd card?

shawdreamer

nevermind, just saw the forum link you put up, Ill download it now and have a gander

Bad Raven

Interesting Printer, your post made me look at a couple of reviews, but as is usual they don't seem to say clearly enough what I'd like to bottom out before even thinking about purchase.

Having got used to the magnetic quick remove flex bed (std on the i3 Mk3 and my mod to the Fab II Mini), reliable auto bed level or an easy set up with no drift and an easily removable flex bed plate to separate prints are must haves.

Been looking at another  i3 Mk3 with MMU, however, I'm not completely sold on the Prusa MMU2 (yet?), made worse by not knowing anyone with one to have a prod and a poke.

So, just to say really, following with interest.   :azn

Things I'd be keen to explore:-

Bed Levelling
Print removal (flex bed)
Max ACTUAL print size
Other materials
Amount of material wasted in dual filament prints compared to Prusa system
Practical Speed
HobbyKing Fabrikator II Mini, 100x100x100. (a Malyan printer re-badged) - Modded with magnetic Flex Bed

Original Prusa i3 Mk3 (All Black)

Gaza07

Tuesday,January 29, 2019, 21:50:25 #8 Last Edit: Tuesday,January 29, 2019, 21:54:14 by Gaza07
The A10M is a cheap budget printer so doesnt really have any of the upgrades found on printer that cost twice the price but you can add a magnetic bed and other bits,
it does have the wiring already installed for a BL Touch type probe and a bracket on the left side of the head so the self levelling can be added very cheaply,

https://uk.banggood.com/Geeetech-Auto-Bed-Leveling-Sensor-With-High-Compatibility-For-3D-Printer-p-1154826.html?gmcCountry=GB&currency=GBP&createTmp=1&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cpc_bgcs&utm_content=garman&utm_campaign=pla-gbg-ele-pc&cur_warehouse=CN

I have got one of the probes on order so will post a video when I get it, multi colour mixing type printers do have to have a wipe tower to purge the old colour for the new but it does do a retraction first and then the purge an amount can be set depending on the filament used some can take more to clear than others, there is a bit of waste filament doing this but its not something im to worried about, I do have a chimera head on order to try on another printer that has the 2 ins and 2 outs / nozzles,
I will make a post about that when I get it.  ~~

ched999uk

I will be interested to know how you get on with that bed level sensor. It's on my 'wish' list  :smiley:

Gaza07

Sunday,February 03, 2019, 14:42:28 #10 Last Edit: Sunday,February 03, 2019, 14:45:47 by Gaza07
Done a few prints with this now and it has become apparent there is a problem with the Z carriage prints have some awful lines (Z wobble), I have removed the lead screw and done the roll test to see if its bent and that looks fine but what I have found is when moving the Z axis up and down by hand it has some very tight spots,
which leads me to the conclusion that the V rollers are eccentric and poor quality, I have emailed geetech uk about this and the hollow in the bed and, asked what they intend to do about it, I also mentioned that if nothing was done it would be returned as a faulty product not fit for its purpose, they advertise the glass beds as very flat and very accurate mine certainly is not the first layer is not even  :rolleyes:

I will update this post when I hear from them it could be a nice printer but its let down by quality control who ever built it should of spotted the roller problem and corrected it, the bed isnt that bad and once I get a probe it wouldnt be a problem but its still not as advertised.

shawdreamer

dodgy glass is a annoyingly common issue when it comes to manufacturer supplied stuff, I havnt however ever had an issue with stuff bought separate off eGay thankfully, I likely never will either as both mine have been converted to 3mm ss plates with silicone heat pads and I either print directly onto the plate with a layer of Kapton or onto a magnetic sheet of PEI in the case of my own Geeetech, Ive used the same supplier for my SS plates everytime and he's always willing to cut them to the dimensions I require and they've always came perfectly flat. ~~

as for the z wobble, I'm surprised that's a factor with that setup, the v bearing setup is usually quite strong against such things which also means there's probably only a handful of fixes for it :hmm:

Gaza07

You can see the terrible Z wobble cause by the dodgy V rollers in these prints

Gaza07

I'm pretty sure the Z wobble is caused by dodgy V rollers like in this picture moving the Z axis by hand it has very tight spots and then loose  :banghead:

shawdreamer

tbh the molding on those bearings looks awful, doesnt look like the rubber pellets have been fused properly during the heating process